Whether you own the land with the resources or work with the organization that will be processing them, we have the knowledge and experience to meet your legal needs. Our experience in natural resources law is multifaceted and our attorneys use their experience in environmental law, real estate, business and government relations to meet the challenges faced in a variety of industries. We have the capability to represent residential, industrial, and commercial developments and are well-versed in obtaining local land use permits and the other related state and federal permits and approvals necessary to successfully develop real property in Wisconsin and Minnesota as well as states in the U.S.
Some of the areas we provide legal support include:
- Real estate and mineral leases
- Real estate options
- Royalty agreements
- Drilling, coring and exploration agreements
- Development and operation agreements
- Mining permitting, water permitting
- Government relations
- DeWitt represented Kennecott Exploration (Australia Ltd.) and Flambeau Mining Company to obtain all necessary federal, state and local regulatory approvals for the only metallic mine to be planned, permitted, operated and reclaimed under Wisconsin’s modern mining laws.
- Our attorneys were intimately involved with the creation and implementation of the Great Lakes Compact in Wisconsin on behalf of Wisconsin agriculture. The Compact governs water use and water management in Wisconsin and across the 8-state Great Lakes region and is implemented in Wisconsin through a series of statutes and administrative rules.
- Frac sand (proppant) mining is a growing industry and our attorneys have represented firms in real estate acquisition and permit approvals for land being acquired for frac sand mining and frac sand processing plant purposes. We’ve also represented landowners on the sale and/or leasing of land for frac sand mining and frac sand processing plant purposes.
- Our firm represented a large paper company in the drafting and negotiation of the primary construction contract for the largest environmental remediation in the history of the state of Wisconsin.
Whether you are a landowner or a mining company representative, competent, knowledgeable legal assistance from lawyers with specific frac sand and mining experience will add value to your mining project.
If you would like more information on our Natural Resources Industry Group, please contact Bryan Esch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.395.6767.